Click HERE to return to Academics page
He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment – to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
The Noah Plan Curriculum – History
History – Christ, His Story
History is the record of God’s relationship with man from creation onward. It tells us the reasons we are here and our purpose as individuals and as nations.
Define using Noah Webster’s 1828 Dictionary (http://webstersdictionary1828.com)
His Story Time Line
- Creation – God as creator
- Moses and the Law – Moses as lawgiver and historian
- Jesus Christ – Focal Point of History
- Paul and the Christian Church – The Gospel moves westward
- The Bible in English – The power of God’s word in the hands of the individual
- Columbus – Christ bearer to the new world
- Christian Founding – Pilgrims and Patriots
- American Christian Republic – Founding Fathers
- Expansion and Erosion – Pioneers, Civil War, Lewis and Clark
- Restoration – My place in His Story
The Noah Plan Curriculum – Science
Science is the study of God’s created world. Through creation the order, power, and infinite character qualities of God can be seen.
Day 1: God created light and separated it from darkness
Physics: light, magnets, sound, simple machines
Chemistry: 3 states of matter, elements, atoms
Day 2: God separated the water above and below the firmament
Meteorology: weather, seasons
Oceanography: waves, tides, etc.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Day 3: God created land, seas, and plants
Geology: rocks, minerals, layers of the earth
Botany: trees, flowers
Day 4: God created the sun, moon, and stars
Astronomy: Planets, stars, etc.
Day 5: God created animal life of the sea and the birds of the air
Marine biology: fish, crabs, sea life, etc.
Day 6: God created the animal life of earth and man
Zoology: Land animals
Human anatomy and physiology
Day 7: God rested
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.
The Noah Plan Curriculum – Geography
Geography is the study of the earth God has made. In God’s Providence, Christianity took a westward move. The entire globe is a grand organism, every feature of which is the outgrowth of a definite plan of the all-wise Creator for the education of the human family and the manifestation of His own glory.
Continents of Development
Asia – The continent of origins
- Races, civilization, religion, and language all began in Asia.
- Its climate and barriers isolated its diversity of races from one another.
Europe – The continent of development
- The arts and learning of antiquity attained their highest development in Europe.
- Christianity became the foundation of modern civilization in Europe.
North America – The continent of fulfillment
- Reserved by God to be the most complete expression of Christian civilization.
- All the past contributed to the excellence of her foundation.
Continents of Nature:
- South America – The continent of vegetation.
- Antarctica – The continent of hidden resources.
- Australia – The continent of antiquity.
- Africa – The continent of animal life.